Sunday, June 5, 2022

Cat Artist Profile: Cyra R. Cancel

 Artist Profile: Cyra R. Cancel


Her name is Cyra R. Cancel and I am literally enchanted with her "Fantasy Cat art"! 

I have found a page of her artist profile on the net and have included it here in this post for all of you. :)  ...

(Florida, United States)


I was born in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico. I studied Arts in San Juan, P.R., and Valencia, Spain. I have a degree in Arts. My Studio is at home. 


In the 80's I had the opportunity to express my art painting in T-Shirts with Acrylic (Watercolor Technique), and baby clothes. At that time I was studying at the Inter-American University of Arecibo, P.R., and they asked me to make a film for them showing how to paint a CLOWN, and MY BLACK CATS on T-Shirts. I had a wonderful experience doing this film. Also, I designed clothes with leather applications, and belts for a Leather Boutique in San Juan, Puerto Rico. 


After my second daughter was born, I had to find a steady job, which did not leave me time to pursue my art inclinations for many years. I have begun drawings, painting watercolors, acrylics, oils, and pastels once again. Now I have the time to express my feelings in my art. 


My favorite subjects are Nature details, Animals, Faces…maybe something around me that catches my attention and imagination. I hope you enjoy my art. 


All my drawings and paintings are dedicated to my dad, David, and to the good memories he left us.
 
***********************************************

Here are a few of my fav's from her portfolio ...


3 comments:

  1. The cats are so delightful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful paintings! It's extremely difficult to choose favorites, but - of course - I love the black cat with the autumn/Halloween themes.

    The wide eyes on some of these cats remind me of the Keane paintings - which were very popular in the 1960s (you're probably too young to remember). Some day I might do a blog post about it.

    ReplyDelete

Feline Funnies