Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Our new "old" cat carrier


A few years ago, I bought a cat carrier that was
 put together by using metal screws. It was easy
 take off the top part if necessary and it was
VERY sturdy! I loved it and still use it to this
 day.


Well, about a month or so ago, I went looking
 for another one like it, but to no avail. The only
 kind I could find at the pet stores (Petsmart,
 Petco, Pet Max, etc.) were the clip together
 carriers. I wasn't too crazy about them at all
 because:

A. They were way too expensive! and;

B. The whole entire idea of holding your cat or
 dog safely inside a carrier box by only a couple
 of "clips" did not sound like a very good or
 sound idea to me!



Turns out, I was definitely right (especially
 about B.) and I will tell you all why. We used it
 once (and only once!) to take our cat, Kiki to
 her vet appointment. After we arrived back
 home with her, my hubby grabbed the handle
 on the carrier to get her out of the car and in
 the house. The clips did not hold together well
 enough and suddenly the bottom dropped out
 from under her! Which left me terrified that
 she would run off scared and we would never
 see her again and her in such shock she just
 stood in the middle of our our driveway
 paralyzed for a few seconds and then,
 thankfully, ran in front of the garage door as if
 she was trying to get back into the house!
 Hubby slowly walked toward her and gently
 picked her up and took her inside. Close call!
 And I have never used that horribly
 unsafe carrier since then. Nor will I advise
 anyone else to purchase one for their beloved
 pet!

So, Thursday afternoon I searched on-line and
 found another carrier very similar to our old
one and made just as sturdy ...

 
 
These carriers are extremely good and last a long time. With five cats, we use our carriers  pretty hard and our old one is still serving us well after all these years! LOVE THESE and would definitely recommend them to anyone!

1 comment:

  1. The carriers I have always had are the ones with the clips. I always make sure to carry it using the handle and one hand under the bottom. I’ve never had the clips release, but just in case. Couldn’t find any other carrier.

    ReplyDelete

My favorite Cat Dads!

What can I say about "cat dads"? Well, speaking as someone who has been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to share my l...